Rspamd 1.0.1 has been released

2015-09-22 00:00:00 +0200

The next stable release of rspamd has been published. Here is a list of notable changes for 1.0.1 release:

  • Add writing to rrd from the controller
  • Fixed lots of bugs in rrd code
  • Adopt new DNS API in hfilter plugin (by @AlexeySa)
  • Allow only one controller process to manage rrd file
  • Set event base for fuzzy calls
  • Improve fuzzy IO errors logging
  • Add rra extraction function to rrd library
  • Add graph handler to the controller
  • Cache correct passwords to avoid too high CPU usage when working with webui
  • Controller sockets are owned by router do not export them to task
  • Optimize logging by skipping hash table search if it’s empty
  • Fix loading issue with broken statfiles
  • Print assertions from glib to rspamd logger
  • Load legacy lua/rspamd.local.lua
  • Update webui with some fixes to learning and scanning

This version is completely backward compatible with 1.0.0.

Rspamd 1.0 has been released

2015-09-17 00:00:00 +0200

After about 4 months of development and ~1000 commits I’m proud to publish the next major release of rspamd: 1.0.0. In this version, I did another bunch of architectural rework. This time, I’ve refactored statistics, symbols cache and HTML processing primarily. At the same time, I’ve tried to improve rspamd usability out of the box:

  • improving default rules
  • improving documentation
  • improving installation

Among new rules, rspamd now includes an extensive whitelist for valid mail (e.g. with valid combinations of DKIM/DMARC/SPF). DMARC module is now also enabled by default. The new ip_score module is intended to score messages based on theirs IP reputation.

New statistics includes sqlite3 statistics with such features as per user and per language statistics. Moreover, rspamd now takes metadata, such as messages’ headers or images into consideration when generating statistical tokens. The updated pre built statistics is also available for download.

The main architectural improvement in rspamd that was introduced in 1.0 was the ability to add dependencies between rules. Previosuly, the only way to separate asynchronous rules from each others was using of pre or post filters. In rspamd 1.0 it is possible to create dependencies between any rules, even asynchronous ones, such as DNS or redis rules.

Among other notable changes are:

  • New HTML parser that allows to create rules using many HTML attributes, such as:
    • Styles
    • Images
    • URLs
    • Colors (font and background)
    • Structure elements
  • Improved URL parser
  • New logger

Many other things has been changed as well. However, I’ve tried to preserve backwards compatibility with 0.9/ The main incompatible issues are listed in the migration page.

The full list of major changes could be found here: http://git.io/vnJvF. Moreover, there were a lot of minor changes, improvements and features intorduces with this version.

If you’d like to install the new rspamd version you can check the following document that describes the available distributions in binary and source forms.

I’d like to thank all rspamd contibutors especially Andrew Lewis for his contributions to lua modules and the overall rspamd development, and Andrey Zverev for his kind advices and patience while testing bugfixes.

Since this 1.0 release I plan to switch to feature releases, meaning shorter release cycle and more frequent releases. Thank your all for your support and contibutions!

Rspamd has now a twitter account

2015-08-27 00:00:00 +0200

I will now publish updates about rspamd development in its @rspamd account. Please follow to keep in touch!